To start a manual filing entry you need to have at least one filer and one recipient.
In this guide, sample information will be used. When filing, make sure you enter your own information.
Starting a manual filing entry
- Click Add New Form on the top menu.
- On the Start a New Filing page, click the form type you would like to file. You can select from the Popular forms or the other form categories.
If you want to file a form for a previous year, click the year and then click the type of form you want to create. Not all forms are available for every year listed.
- Select which filer you would like to report the form from. To select a filer, click the circle icon in the Select column. Once you’ve selected your filer, click Continue.
- The Select a recipient page will have a list of all the recipients associated with the filer you selected. Select the recipient and click Continue.
- After selecting your filer and recipient you’ll be shown a blank form for the tax season you picked. eFileMyForms will automatically fill in your filer and recipient information based on your previous selections.
Some boxes have additional options you can select from a list. Click an edit icon, , to view additional options for the associated box.
- If you need detailed instructions on how to fill out your form click Download Instructions (.pdf). This link allows you to download detailed instructions from the IRS in PDF form. Please read the parts of the document that apply to your form type because eFileMyForms doesn’t provide tax advice.